Master Plant MP
The required degree of homogenization and particle crushing is achieved by circulation of the mixture via a DBI dispersing unit integrated into the base of the vessel. The proven technology of this patented IKA DBI homogenizer involves a two-stage operation:
- A specially designed pump rotor with high circulation performance provides turbulence in the vessel, gentle circulation (with no shear) and sufficient pressure and throughput for CIP cleaning of the system.
- An efficient generator (rotor-stator system) produces very high shear forces and thus dispersions with long-term stability and ultra-fine droplets. The design of the DBI creates a strong negative pressure in the product stream, which results in reliable feed of the components to the working chamber.
A special mixing element which switches the direction of rotation ensures thorough, uniform, vertical and horizontal mixing. For the processing of products of relatively high viscosity – up to 100,000 mPas – a counter-rotating stirrer system is recommended, comprising an outer stirrer and inner stirrer. They rotate in opposite directions and can be heated and cooled. The alternative spiral stirrer can be fully heated or cooled and is suitable for viscosities up to approx. 30.000 mPas. Additional flexible PTFE scraper attachments prevent deposits adhering to the vessel wall.
After processing, the product can be discharged completely without further pumping. The process is controlled via a modern touch-screen monitor. The electric control can be extended as required.
The complete system is also available in an explosion-protected version.
The Master Plant MP series comes in 9 sizes ranging from 10 to 4,000 liters.
Advantages of the mixing system Master Plant MP:
- Feeding of solid or liquid additives without vacuum in the mixing vessel
- Formation of lumps is avoided by direct feeding of the additives into the dispersing chamber
- Treatment of smallest quantities down to approx. 15% of the nominal volume
- Separated circulation loop (short/long) for minimizing of dead spots and loss of material
- Important reduction of heating or cooling times, due to the heating/cooling of the agitator
- CIP-cleaning, for which the DBI 2000/.. serves as pump and feeds the rotating spray nozzles
- Exchangeable dispersing tools
- Mixing and dispersing quality adjustable
- Low maintenance required
- The geometry of vessel and mixing units enables excellent scale-up possibilities
- The complete plant can be sterilized with steam (SIP)
- Direct steam injection is optionally available
- The complete plant can also be supplied in Ex-protected execution acc. to the 94/9 EG (ATEX 95) guidelines
Request / Contact Form